to run away ...
recently ran I shortly after work by a Swiss supermarket shelves. In both children's rooms, a halogen lamp was replaced. Finally, I considered the cheapest way into the hands: a three-pack for about twelve francs. On the back "Made in China". When I read the next pack of two pendant lamps, took Osram brand was amazed, I'm not bad: "Made in Germany". Two pieces for thirteen francs. Aha.
I took the two-pack. For why does everything always come from China? Our running shoes are made in the Far East, the shirts and tights, too, and goggles, hat, etc. iPod anyway. Even Rohner socks, I was told, are in Switzerland prefabricated and then flown to Portugal sewn together, there by nimble, cheap seamstresses and moved back to Switzerland.
Three of the Chinese lamps are cheaper than two, coming from the neighboring country - an inverted world. Are the China-Funzeln cheaper because the migrant workers live in squalid accommodation and are remunerated poorly? Or can tilt the manufacturer loose their waste into the river behind the plant, which is more difficult in Germany? Or the fuel for the tanker, that the goods are shipped across the oceans, is cheaper, the greater the distance?
The series continues: I did the same wholesalers Pencils for Schuletui Now, ordinary wood, hexagonal, medium hardness. On every package it says: "cedar USA, Made in China". Yes sky again: a pencil is sent around the world, it just that we can buy cheap in packs of four? I do not know where her Caran d'Ache fine-smelling cedar takes her, but there is at least "Swiss Made" on the pencils, and that's worth something to me. Here, who does not believe it:
No, I have nothing against Chinese, Vietnamese, Indonesian, and its economy is to flourish as well. But I have nothing against jobs in Switzerland or against manufacturing facilities in Europe - or we are all only one day service, while production takes place elsewhere. Do we want that?
conclusion to this too: Sigg Manufacturer beautiful everyday things like water bottles, advertising makes the Swiss cross. Recently we purchased one of these new snack-Böxli (for foreign language: Proviantbox). I thought I had done something good for the production site in Switzerland. And what is written on the packaging:
"Made responsibly in China." Well remunerated migrant workers. No waste in a river. All right - Really?
I'm going to get out and uncover my head. My shoes are from the Far East, but the pants, after all, are by Loeffler. And so from Austria or Germany. Whether I including underwear from Zimmerli (CH) do not wear I'll tell.
eyes on the purchase!
0 comments:
Post a Comment